Hot:29302013-06-26 23:57:20 From: http://www.ftdinstruments.com/
Here is introducing installation Vortex flowmeter requriement.
1. It is the most common way to install transducer of Vortex Flowmeter on horizontal pipe
No matter what kinds of fluid, transducer can be installed on horizontal pipe, especially for overheated steam with enough heat insulating layer and liquid.
If the process pipe heat insulating of saturated & overheated steam is not very good, please use it limitedly.
(1) When measure gas or steam, transducer of Vortex Flowmeter should be installed at the top of pipeline if the gas or steam contains few liquid.
(2) When measure liquid, transducer should be installed at the bottom of pipeline if the liquid contains little gas.
2. Transducer installed on vertical pipe
When used in gas, transducer could be installed on vertical pipe with no considering of flow direction, but for gas contains few liquid, the gas flow direction should be from down to up.
When used in liquid, flow direction should be from down to up, avoiding extra weight of the liquid to exert on the probe.
3. Lateral installation on horizontal pipe
Transducer of Vortex Flowmeter can be installed laterally on horizontal pipe for all fluids. Particularly for superheated steam, saturated steam and cryogenic liquids, if allowed, transducer should be installed laterally to avoid amplifier from being affected greatly by temperature.
4. Inverse installation on horizontal pipe
It is not suggested to install transducer of Vortex Flowmeter inversely for normal gas or superheated steam, but it is suitable to saturated steam, high temperature liquid or the situation that dirty pipe needs cleaning frequently.
When install, take the following requirements for cable length and min. space as reference:
(1) Min space of every direction is 100mm (2) Cable length L +150mm